The Church has been in existance since before 1907. It was first formed as a Sunday School work within Old Ocklynge Road and was known as 'Ocklynge Road Gospel Hall'.
In Janaury 1907 the work moved to the present premises and became known as 'Victoria Gospel Hall'. Over the years it has spread the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ. Since the Second World War the Gospel Hall moved towards becoming an Independent Church served by successive Pastors.
It was during this time the Church joined the FIEC, a grouping of more than 450 similar Churches across the Country. In the late seventies the Church was at a low ebb, but it was partly through it's children's work that new people joined and the fellowships numbers increased.
We praise God that today the work still goes on and we have much to thank God for and still the 'Good News' of salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ is made known and is being responded to.
The beliefs of the Church as set out in its Trust Deeds are found in its Constitution. These beliefs are consistant with the doctrinal statement of the Fellowship of Independant Evangelical Churches
(for further information please visit the FIEC web-site fiec.org.uk).